DESIGN FOR A BETTER AUSTRALIA
Good Design Australia is an international design promotion organisation responsible for managing Australia's annual Good Design Awards program as well as a number of leading industry award programs including the Victorian Premier's Design Awards, the Design Entrepreneur Awards and the Young Australian Design Awards program.
With a proud heritage dating back to the Industrial Design Council of Australia (IDCA) established in 1958, the Australian Good Design Awards is recognised by the International Council of Societies of Industrial Design (ICSID) as Australia’s peak design endorsement program.
The Good Design Awards is Australia’s longest standing national design award and promotion program, and one of the few forums for professional Industrial Designers and manufacturers to showcase their design expertise to national and international audiences. As a result of more than 50 years of design benchmarking, the program has focused on progressively raising the standard of design and innovation in Australia.
Good Design Australia is committed to:
1. Promoting the value and benefits of design to business, industry, government and the general public
2. Fostering a culture of design, creativity and innovation in Australia and internationally
3. Rewarding excellence in design and design-led innovation through the annual Good Design Awards and other design related events
4. Positioning design as a driver of innovation, competition, export and productivity
5. Demonstrating the importance of design in the link between innovation and the commercial success of products and services
6. Providing opportunities for emerging young designers to showcase their talent to business in Australia and internationally
7. Fostering collaborative partnerships with Australian and international organisations committed to the advancement of design
Good Design Australia is dedicated to driving a greater demand for good design through:
1. Consumers and end-users of design that drive demand by purchasing professionally designed products and services that are functional, safe, innovative, high quality, offer good value for money and are less harmful to the environment.
2. Businesses that are committed to professional design in the products and services they develop, market and distribute.
3. Designers that are engaged to create better products and services for their clients.
4. The Good Design Awards that endorses good design and provides consumers with a clear indicator of the cornerstones of good design: form, function, quality, safety, sustainability, commerciality and innovation.